Updated Jun 12, 2013 - 8:38 am
Report: Phoenix Suns adding Roy Rogers to coaching staff
Tuesday, Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro reported that the team will be adding Mark West and Jerry Sichting as assistant coaches.
According to USA Today NBA Insider Sam Amick, the Suns plan to also add assistant coach Roy Rogers to Jeff Hornacek's staff.
Over the past two seasons, Rogers has served as an assistant under Doc Rivers (2011-12) in Boston and Lawrence Frank in Detroit (2012-13).
Before his short stints with the Celtics and Pistons, Rogers worked as an assistant on Frank's staff with the New Jersey Nets (2008-2010).
Rogers also played four seasons in the league with the Vancouver Grizzlies, Boston Celtics, Toronto Raptors and Denver Nuggets from 1996-2000. He was drafted 22nd overall out of Alabama in the 1996 NBA Draft.
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.