Updated Jun 11, 2013 - 9:04 am
Phoenix Suns to add Mark West and Jerry Sichting to coaching staff
From that point, one of Hornacek's tasks has been to assemble a staff, and Arizona Sports' John Gambadoro is reporting the team will be adding Mark West and Jerry Sichting as assistant coaches.
West, who played for the Suns from 1988-1994 and then again in 1999-2000, has been a member of the team's front office since 2001. A teammate of Hornacek's when the two were in Phoenix, the 52-year-old has served as the team's Vice President of Player Programs since March 2006. This will be his first stint as an NBA assistant coach.
That is not the case for Sichting, though, as he comes to Phoenix after spending last season with the Washington Wizards. Prior to that stint, Sichting also spent time as an assistant with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors. A graduate of Purdue, the 56-year-old played 10 seasons in the NBA, averaging 6.9 points and 3.3 assists per game.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.