Updated Jun 11, 2013 - 9:04 am
Phoenix Suns to add Mark West and Jerry Sichting to coaching staff
From that point, one of Hornacek's tasks has been to assemble a staff, and Arizona Sports' John Gambadoro is reporting the team will be adding Mark West and Jerry Sichting as assistant coaches.
West, who played for the Suns from 1988-1994 and then again in 1999-2000, has been a member of the team's front office since 2001. A teammate of Hornacek's when the two were in Phoenix, the 52-year-old has served as the team's Vice President of Player Programs since March 2006. This will be his first stint as an NBA assistant coach.
That is not the case for Sichting, though, as he comes to Phoenix after spending last season with the Washington Wizards. Prior to that stint, Sichting also spent time as an assistant with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors. A graduate of Purdue, the 56-year-old played 10 seasons in the NBA, averaging 6.9 points and 3.3 assists per game.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.