Updated Jun 11, 2013 - 9:04 am
Phoenix Suns to add Mark West and Jerry Sichting to coaching staff
From that point, one of Hornacek's tasks has been to assemble a staff, and Arizona Sports' John Gambadoro is reporting the team will be adding Mark West and Jerry Sichting as assistant coaches.
West, who played for the Suns from 1988-1994 and then again in 1999-2000, has been a member of the team's front office since 2001. A teammate of Hornacek's when the two were in Phoenix, the 52-year-old has served as the team's Vice President of Player Programs since March 2006. This will be his first stint as an NBA assistant coach.
That is not the case for Sichting, though, as he comes to Phoenix after spending last season with the Washington Wizards. Prior to that stint, Sichting also spent time as an assistant with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors. A graduate of Purdue, the 56-year-old played 10 seasons in the NBA, averaging 6.9 points and 3.3 assists per game.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.