Updated Jun 11, 2013 - 9:04 am
Phoenix Suns to add Mark West and Jerry Sichting to coaching staff
From that point, one of Hornacek's tasks has been to assemble a staff, and Arizona Sports' John Gambadoro is reporting the team will be adding Mark West and Jerry Sichting as assistant coaches.
West, who played for the Suns from 1988-1994 and then again in 1999-2000, has been a member of the team's front office since 2001. A teammate of Hornacek's when the two were in Phoenix, the 52-year-old has served as the team's Vice President of Player Programs since March 2006. This will be his first stint as an NBA assistant coach.
That is not the case for Sichting, though, as he comes to Phoenix after spending last season with the Washington Wizards. Prior to that stint, Sichting also spent time as an assistant with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors. A graduate of Purdue, the 56-year-old played 10 seasons in the NBA, averaging 6.9 points and 3.3 assists per game.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.