Updated Apr 9, 2013 - 4:39 pm
Dudley: 'I don't know why Beasley would tune out the coaches'
Beasley struggled in his consequent game, going 1-11 from the floor with two rebounds versus New Orleans Sunday. The small forward's playing time also took a considerable hit, going from 32 minutes Friday to 15 Sunday.
Beasley's teammate, Jared Dudley, told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday that the inconsistency in the former No. 2 pick's game comes from how he plays early in the game.
"I believe that Michael Beasley in a game that he plays well, he make his first couple shots," Dudley said. "He gains confidence in his coaching staff to leave him out there and they run more plays for him."
Dudley added that Beasley's recent increase in production can also be attributed to the way opponents have defended the Suns.
"I think he had a mismatch (Friday). Depending on certain situations, certain teams play certain players different. They didn't double him and he was getting lay-ups and once he made his first couple shots then it opened up his jump shot," Dudley said. "When he plays well and hits the jump shot like that, it opens up his game."
According to Dudley, Beasley, who is known as a sort of enigmatic figure around the league, should take heart to the instruction he is receiving from the coaching staff.
"I don't know why he would be tuning out the coaches because sometimes when he may be tired of people getting on him all the time, they're trying to stay on him to become a better basketball player," the shooting guard said. "He shouldn't take it as a negative, it should be a positive.
"I would say there's got to be a better balance. Don't tune them out, listen to them but play your game in a concept of what the team wants you to do."
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.