Suns' Lindsey Hunter: 'I don't listen' to Michael Beasley
Michael Beasley's outspoken comments seem to be ruffling feathers once again in the Suns' organization.
Beasley, who scored 25 points on 12-of-17 shooting in the Suns' 111-107 loss to the Warriors on Friday night, said he credits his recent improved play to tuning out the people around him -- including his coaches.
"I've stopped listening to people, and I'm just doing what I know how to do," Beasley told reporters after Friday's game.
The 24-year-old forward has scored double-digits in his past four games and said that success comes from doing what he knows how to do.
"The more I listen to people, the more I got to think about," Beasley said. "So, at times, it messes me up when I'm trying to think about a thousand things at once. I just stopped listening to people and just started trusting my instincts again."
When Suns' head coach Lindsey Hunter got wind of the comments, he said it doesn't bother him because if Beasley doesn't listen, his playing time will suffer.
"I don't listen to him and we're doing our own thing," Hunter said. "It don't bother me, because you know what? If you don't listen and you don't do what I'm asking you to do on defense, you're going to sit.
"So he can say he's not listening. He's doing his own thing. No, he's doing what we're doing. It's not, 'my own thing'. No, it's what we're doing. That's all that matters."
Arizona Sports 620's Craig Grialou contributed to this report.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.