Suns' Lindsey Hunter: 'I don't listen' to Michael Beasley
Michael Beasley's outspoken comments seem to be ruffling feathers once again in the Suns' organization.
Beasley, who scored 25 points on 12-of-17 shooting in the Suns' 111-107 loss to the Warriors on Friday night, said he credits his recent improved play to tuning out the people around him -- including his coaches.
"I've stopped listening to people, and I'm just doing what I know how to do," Beasley told reporters after Friday's game.
The 24-year-old forward has scored double-digits in his past four games and said that success comes from doing what he knows how to do.
"The more I listen to people, the more I got to think about," Beasley said. "So, at times, it messes me up when I'm trying to think about a thousand things at once. I just stopped listening to people and just started trusting my instincts again."
When Suns' head coach Lindsey Hunter got wind of the comments, he said it doesn't bother him because if Beasley doesn't listen, his playing time will suffer.
"I don't listen to him and we're doing our own thing," Hunter said. "It don't bother me, because you know what? If you don't listen and you don't do what I'm asking you to do on defense, you're going to sit.
"So he can say he's not listening. He's doing his own thing. No, he's doing what we're doing. It's not, 'my own thing'. No, it's what we're doing. That's all that matters."
Arizona Sports 620's Craig Grialou contributed to this report.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 3Coach says the Suns know who they are, so who are they?