Updated Oct 28, 2013 - 9:03 am
Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim debunks Larry Fitzgerald trade rumors
Schefter tweeted that Pro Bowl receiver Larry Fitzgerald would be available for a trade this offseason, should a deal not be struck before the NFL trade deadline hits Tuesday.
Fitzgerald responded Sunday with four catches for 48 yards and a touchdown in the Cardinals' 27-13 win, and then responded to the rumors following the contest.
"If they decide to move me, that happens," Fitzgerald said. "I have no control over any of that. I just focus on what I can do to improve and help my team."
Monday morning, Arizona general manager Steve Keim left no doubt about the organization's feelings on Sunday's rumor.
"I can tell you two things, and I want to make this clear and simple," Keim told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Monday. "I have not had one conversation with another NFL team regarding a trade with Larry Fitzgerald.
"Number two, starting with Michael Bidwill down, it is our intent for Larry Fitzgerald to retire a Cardinal, period. If there was any grey area there guys, let me know, and we'll get it out."
You may now breathe easy, Fitz fans.
There has been plenty of speculation about Fitzgerald's future with the team that made him the third-overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft out of the University of Pittsburgh. Declining production, along with an astronomical salary cap hit of $18 million has fueled the discussion about Fitzgerald's longevity in Arizona. Keim also addressed the latter.
"Regardless of the situation, we have a counter for Larry's deal moving forward. Now anything else that's done is something we're going to have to look at and continue to talk through, but Larry Fitzgerald is a Cardinal and will remain a Cardinal."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves