Cardinals, Carson Palmer had dinner Monday night
The Arizona Cardinals and Carson Palmer had dinner Monday in Arizona as the two explore the possibility of the quarterback coming to the desert, Arizona Sports' Paul Calvisi confirmed.
On Sunday Sports Illustrated's Peter King believed Palmer to the Cardinals was 'inevitable.'
That seemed even more likely after the Oakland Raiders traded for Matt Flynn early Monday.
Palmer was being asked to restructure his contract by the Raiders and after the two sides couldn't come to an agreement, the Raiders decided to go in a different direction.
Monday evening there was a report the deal 'hit a snag.' That could be over what the Cardinals have to give up to the Raiders or Palmer's contract.
USA Today reported Palmer's Arizona deal would pay him $8 million in 2013, and would involve the teams swapping late-round picks in 2013 along with the Cardinals parting with another late pick.
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?