Cardinals, Carson Palmer had dinner Monday night
The Arizona Cardinals and Carson Palmer had dinner Monday in Arizona as the two explore the possibility of the quarterback coming to the desert, Arizona Sports' Paul Calvisi confirmed.
On Sunday Sports Illustrated's Peter King believed Palmer to the Cardinals was 'inevitable.'
That seemed even more likely after the Oakland Raiders traded for Matt Flynn early Monday.
Palmer was being asked to restructure his contract by the Raiders and after the two sides couldn't come to an agreement, the Raiders decided to go in a different direction.
Monday evening there was a report the deal 'hit a snag.' That could be over what the Cardinals have to give up to the Raiders or Palmer's contract.
USA Today reported Palmer's Arizona deal would pay him $8 million in 2013, and would involve the teams swapping late-round picks in 2013 along with the Cardinals parting with another late pick.
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.