Cardinals, Carson Palmer had dinner Monday night
The Arizona Cardinals and Carson Palmer had dinner Monday in Arizona as the two explore the possibility of the quarterback coming to the desert, Arizona Sports' Paul Calvisi confirmed.
On Sunday Sports Illustrated's Peter King believed Palmer to the Cardinals was 'inevitable.'
That seemed even more likely after the Oakland Raiders traded for Matt Flynn early Monday.
Palmer was being asked to restructure his contract by the Raiders and after the two sides couldn't come to an agreement, the Raiders decided to go in a different direction.
Monday evening there was a report the deal 'hit a snag.' That could be over what the Cardinals have to give up to the Raiders or Palmer's contract.
USA Today reported Palmer's Arizona deal would pay him $8 million in 2013, and would involve the teams swapping late-round picks in 2013 along with the Cardinals parting with another late pick.
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.