Cardinals, Carson Palmer had dinner Monday night
The Arizona Cardinals and Carson Palmer had dinner Monday in Arizona as the two explore the possibility of the quarterback coming to the desert, Arizona Sports' Paul Calvisi confirmed.
On Sunday Sports Illustrated's Peter King believed Palmer to the Cardinals was 'inevitable.'
That seemed even more likely after the Oakland Raiders traded for Matt Flynn early Monday.
Palmer was being asked to restructure his contract by the Raiders and after the two sides couldn't come to an agreement, the Raiders decided to go in a different direction.
Monday evening there was a report the deal 'hit a snag.' That could be over what the Cardinals have to give up to the Raiders or Palmer's contract.
USA Today reported Palmer's Arizona deal would pay him $8 million in 2013, and would involve the teams swapping late-round picks in 2013 along with the Cardinals parting with another late pick.
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?