Cardinals, Carson Palmer had dinner Monday night
The Arizona Cardinals and Carson Palmer had dinner Monday in Arizona as the two explore the possibility of the quarterback coming to the desert, Arizona Sports' Paul Calvisi confirmed.
On Sunday Sports Illustrated's Peter King believed Palmer to the Cardinals was 'inevitable.'
That seemed even more likely after the Oakland Raiders traded for Matt Flynn early Monday.
Palmer was being asked to restructure his contract by the Raiders and after the two sides couldn't come to an agreement, the Raiders decided to go in a different direction.
Monday evening there was a report the deal 'hit a snag.' That could be over what the Cardinals have to give up to the Raiders or Palmer's contract.
USA Today reported Palmer's Arizona deal would pay him $8 million in 2013, and would involve the teams swapping late-round picks in 2013 along with the Cardinals parting with another late pick.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.