Updated Apr 1, 2013 - 6:18 pm
Report: Cardinals trade for Carson Palmer 'hit a snag'
A trade between Arizona and Oakland was being worked out, and with the Raiders motivated to move the veteran, a deal appeared likely.
Well, not so fast, according to CBS NFL insider Jason LaCanfora.
Carson Palmer trade not finalized. Things "hit a snag" according to a source. Unsure if it can be overcome at this point ...— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) April 2, 2013
AZ and OAK have been deep in talks with Palmer working on restructured salary with the Cards, pushing towards a deal. stay tuned— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) April 2, 2013
USA Today reported Palmer's Arizona deal would pay him $8 million in 2013, and would involve the teams swapping late-round picks in 2013 along with the Cardinals parting with another late pick.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.