Updated Apr 1, 2013 - 6:18 pm
Report: Cardinals trade for Carson Palmer 'hit a snag'
A trade between Arizona and Oakland was being worked out, and with the Raiders motivated to move the veteran, a deal appeared likely.
Well, not so fast, according to CBS NFL insider Jason LaCanfora.
Carson Palmer trade not finalized. Things "hit a snag" according to a source. Unsure if it can be overcome at this point ...— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) April 2, 2013
AZ and OAK have been deep in talks with Palmer working on restructured salary with the Cards, pushing towards a deal. stay tuned— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) April 2, 2013
USA Today reported Palmer's Arizona deal would pay him $8 million in 2013, and would involve the teams swapping late-round picks in 2013 along with the Cardinals parting with another late pick.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.