Updated Dec 1, 2012 - 5:26 pm
Analyst: Have little faith in Sanchez, but less in Lindley
Not only did he throw four interceptions on the day, Lindley of course also became a footnote, as cornerback Janoris Jenkins became the first rookie in Rams history to return two interceptions back for touchdowns in the same game.
Combine that with the fact he completed less than 60-percent of his passes and failed to connect with Larry Fitzgerald after the first quarter, and it's safe to say things cannot get much worse for Lindley over the final five weeks of the season.
Nonetheless, it's important when evaluating the 23-year-old to remember that he's less than a year removed from San Diego State, and that rarely are sixth-round selections anything more than projects during their rookie season.
Speaking on the Football Today Podcast, Tucker was asked to address the Cardinals' game Sunday against the New York Jets and wasted little time going after Arizona's rookie quarterback.
"I don't have a ton of faith in Mark Sanchez, but I have less in Ryan Lindley," Tucker said. "Watching that guy play against the Rams, he threw some of the worst passes I've ever seen in the NFL.
"Those interceptions were just awful."
Lindley was not known for his accuracy coming out of college, and that will definitely be a point of emphasis over the final few weeks of the season. With that said, taking shots at a quarterback with 72 career attempts is a bit much.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!