Updated Nov 30, 2012 - 1:18 pm
Warner on Lindley: ‘I've liked what I've seen'
After starting the season with John Skelton under center, injuries and a general lack of productivity at the position leaves the Cardinals still searching for answers in Week 13.
The latest gunslinger getting an opportunity is rookie Ryan Lindley.
In his first start last week against the St. Louis Rams, Lindley impressed former Cardinals quarterback and current NFL analyst Kurt Warner.
"I‘ve liked what I've seen," Warner said. "I think he has done some really good things. I saw him make some really nice reads and throws down the field."
Warner especially liked what he saw out of the rookie early in Sunday's 31-17 loss.
"I saw some upside," Warner said. "Early on, the drives he put together, the accuracy, the decisions, I thought were really good."
Lindley threw for 312 and completed 59.6 percent of his pass, but he also threw four interceptions.
"I think you saw some rookie things come up as the game got away from the Cardinals a little bit," Warner said. "He started pressing a little bit and made some mistakes in the game."
Despite some rookie mistakes, Warner is confident in the former San Diego State Aztec's potential.
"I have been happy with what I have seen early on knowing that it is just the early part of his career," Warner said. "I think he is going to get better. You see good potential in different aspects of his game."
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?