Ice Bites: Coyotes need to use win over Kings as launching pad
And while the win was likely the best all-around game the Coyotes have put together this season, it's no time to take their foot off the gas pedal. It's time to run with the momentum and keep themselves relevant in the postseason conversation.
The team is currently a few points out of a playoff spot and only has five games before the Olympic break. Things certainly won't get easier in a tight Western Conference race after Sochi, so the Coyotes should use Tuesday's big win to get the ball rolling and claim the eighth spot before everyone's eyes turn to Russia next week.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?