UA announces another donation toward McKale Center renovations
The school said it received an $8 million matching donation, meaning that $8 million will be given to the school once it meets that mark. The athletic department has raised $1.6 million toward that goal.
"It's an incredible opportunity that we can potentially double our aggressive fundraising efforts to $16 million essentially overnight if we can meet the goal of the challenge," UA Athletic Director Greg Byrne said in a press release.
If the $8 million matching goal is met, the UA will be at 28.6 million of $30 million required for the project's initial phase. The UA said it expects that funding goal to be met by April, though the total renovations are expected to reach $80 million.
The initial phase is expected to begin in May, pending Arizona Board of Regents approval. Improvements will include upgraded seating, hand rails, enhanced lighting and a new playing floor, as well as upgrades to locker rooms, concessions and restrooms.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.