Updated Mar 17, 2013 - 8:44 pm
Wildcats make NCAA tournament as No. 6 seed in West Region
The Wildcats will face No. 11-seeded Belmont (26-6) in Salt Lake City Thursday. If UA wins against the Bruins they will play the winner of New Mexico/Harvard in the Round of 32.
Thursday's game will be played at 4:20 p.m. MST and shown on TNT.
UA returns to the Big Dance after a one-year hiatus in 2012. The last time the Wildcats made the tournament, Sean Miller's squad advanced to the Elite Eight before falling in the West Regional final to eventual-champion Connecticut.
It marks the second time in Miller's four-year tenure that UA has earned a berth in the NCAA tournament. Dating back to his time at Xavier, Miller has made five previous trips to the Big Dance.
The Wildcats were one of five teams (California, Colorado, Oregon and UCLA) from the Pac-12 to make the tournament. It's also their 29th appearance in program history
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.