The University of Arizona received a verbal commitment from a 2014 ESPN 60 recruit on Sunday.
Loyola High School point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright verballed to the Wildcats after a weekend visit to Tucson.
UA's No. 1 target at point guard told ESPN's recruiting nation that UA coach Sean Miller played a huge role in his decision.
"I feel like the Pac-12 is a great fit for me," he said. "I've been recruited by most of the schools and Arizona was the best fit for style of play. And I think Sean Miller is the best coach in the Pac-12. This is a tough league with great players coming in and out every year and it'll challenge me, but I'm ready for the challenge."
According to Adams, his point guard found a kindred spirit in Miller, who played the point for Pittsburgh during his college days.
"Coach Miller and Parker built that relationship," Adams said. "He's going to play for a point guard, and that was big."
Jackson-Cartwright is currently averaging 14 points, eight assists, five rebounds and two steals at Loyola, all after missing 12 games with a stress reaction in his foot at the beginning of the season.
The junior was the sixth top 30 recruit of 2014 to make a committment.
- Rich Rodriguez- UA football coach - Monday September 15University of Arizona head coach Rich Rodriguez previews the Wildcats' game against Cal.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 11 - Thursday September 11Adam and Jarrett talk about a close win at UTSA and a home date vs. Nevada.
- Rich Rodriguez - Arizona head coach - Monday September 8University of Arizona football coach Rich Rodriguez joins Doug and Wolf
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 3 - Wednesday September 3Adam and Jarrett talk about a comfortable win and a tricky road trip.
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?