Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's February 10 loss to Cal. California 77 Arizona 69.
Mark Lyons had a team-high 16 points and Solomon Hill added 13, including 11 in the first half. Brandon Ashley scored 12 points and added 10 rebounds.
The Wildcats held the lead at the half due in large part to a strong defensive effort that resulted in eight Cal turnovers.
Arizona saw its four-game win streak come to an end in a stunning loss to Cal.
The Wildcats missed nine of their first 10 shots to open the second half and struggled to adapt to Cal's change to zone defense. The Bears used that momentum to put together a 17-2 run against the lackluster Wildcats.
Sean Miller's squad shot just 39.3 percent from the field and struggled with their free throw shooting. Arizona made just 16 of 24 shots from the line. For the season, the Wildcats had shot 45.1 percent from the field before Sunday's contest.
• The Wildcats became the sixth top-10 team to lose this week.
• Arizona suffered its third Pac-12 loss at the hands of the Bears and fell to 8-3 in conference play overall. Arizona is now 20-3 on the season.
• The Bears shot 58.8 percent from the field, which was the largest percentage the Wildcats have allowed this year.
Coming Up Next:
The Wildcats will face Colorado on Thursday, February 14. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 8:00 p.m. MST.
- Rich Rodriguez- UA football coach - Monday September 15University of Arizona head coach Rich Rodriguez previews the Wildcats' game against Cal.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 11 - Thursday September 11Adam and Jarrett talk about a close win at UTSA and a home date vs. Nevada.
- Rich Rodriguez - Arizona head coach - Monday September 8University of Arizona football coach Rich Rodriguez joins Doug and Wolf
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 3 - Wednesday September 3Adam and Jarrett talk about a comfortable win and a tricky road trip.
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?