Cat Tracks: Arizona stays perfect with win over Clemson
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's December 8 win over Clemson. Final score: Arizona 66, Clemson 54.
The No. 8 Wildcats now boast a 7-0 record for the first time in 14 years with a win over Clemson (5-3) on Saturday night.
Mark Lyons led the team with a season-high 20 points. He also added four rebounds and four assists for the 'Cats.
Arizona had trouble protecting the ball against Southern Mississippi, but the Wildcats improved in that area against Clemson. They turned the ball over just six times in the game's first 20 minutes.
Aside from Lyons, the Wildcats offense struggled to find any sort of rhythm. Arizona's other players shot just 30.6%.
Solomon Hill had a particularly poor performance, shooting just 2-for-16 with seven points on the night.
Arizona blew a 14-point lead in the fourth quarter before putting together a 25-7 run that sealed the victory.
• Besides Lyons, Nick Johnson was the only other Arizona player in double-digits against Clemson. He scored 13 points for the 'Cats.
• The Wildcats held Clemson to just two field goals in the game's final 8:45.
Coming Up Next:
It will be a battle of undefeated teams when Arizona is scheduled to host Florida on Saturday, December 15.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a