Jordan Bachynski has failed to register at least one blocked shot just three times in his last 54 games.
In the 51 other contests, the 7-foot-2 center tallied 205 blocks, adding to his career total that is now at 266.
He's 12 short of former Arizona Wildcat Anthony Cook, who holds the conference's all-time record for blocked shots.
And it would mean a lot to claim that spot for himself.
"That's huge for me," he told the Burns and Gambo Show Friday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "That's one thing that I feel sets me apart. Just the timing -- not to pat my own back -- but the timing and skill it takes to be a great shot blocker, an elite shot blocker, is something you can't teach."
It is a skill the 23-year-old senior said he worked on out of necessity, as growing up he was tall but skinny and easily pushed around in the post. So, he had to find a new way to be an effective defender.
"I needed to learn a new way to still be a factor on defense and I think that's where it came from, just out of necessity," he said.
Bachynski also noted that he was "blessed with great genes," and his size certainly helps.
"It works," he said.
This season, Bachynski has had nine games with five or more blocked shots, including totals of seven and eight. He also has a team-leading 10 double-doubles, showing he's more than just a shot blocker.
On the season, the Calgary, AB native is averaging 12.1 points and a team-best 9.3 rebounds to go along with his 4.5 blocks per game.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Wednesday September 24AZCentral sports reporter Doug Haller previews Arizona State's matchup with UCLA.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday September 24Dan discusses the newly found connection between the Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona State Sun Dev
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Wednesday September 24Coach Graham discusses the vast array of storylines heading into Thursday's showdown against UCLA.