Jordan Bachynski has failed to register at least one blocked shot just three times in his last 54 games.
In the 51 other contests, the 7-foot-2 center tallied 205 blocks, adding to his career total that is now at 266.
He's 12 short of former Arizona Wildcat Anthony Cook, who holds the conference's all-time record for blocked shots.
And it would mean a lot to claim that spot for himself.
"That's huge for me," he told the Burns and Gambo Show Friday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "That's one thing that I feel sets me apart. Just the timing -- not to pat my own back -- but the timing and skill it takes to be a great shot blocker, an elite shot blocker, is something you can't teach."
It is a skill the 23-year-old senior said he worked on out of necessity, as growing up he was tall but skinny and easily pushed around in the post. So, he had to find a new way to be an effective defender.
"I needed to learn a new way to still be a factor on defense and I think that's where it came from, just out of necessity," he said.
Bachynski also noted that he was "blessed with great genes," and his size certainly helps.
"It works," he said.
This season, Bachynski has had nine games with five or more blocked shots, including totals of seven and eight. He also has a team-leading 10 double-doubles, showing he's more than just a shot blocker.
On the season, the Calgary, AB native is averaging 12.1 points and a team-best 9.3 rebounds to go along with his 4.5 blocks per game.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Rick Neuheisel - Pac-12 Network Analyst - Friday October 17Rick Neuheisel believes it could be a rough weekend for the Sun Devils against Stanford.
- Todd Graham, ASU Head Football Coach - Friday October 17ASU football head coach Todd Graham says if Taylor Kelly feels he is ready to play he will play.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday October 15ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the upcoming weekend for ASU Athletics.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 14ESPN college football analyst Mark May says anyone can win the Pac-12 South.
- Jake Plummer, Former ASU & Cardinals Quarterback - Tuesday October 14Jake Plummer discusses what the Sun Devils need to do to beat Stanford.