ESPN college basketball insider Jeff Goodman tweeted Sunday evening that Arizona State was "handled" in its scrimmage against San Francisco this weekend.
NCAA rules prohibit schools from specifically addressing scrimmages and publicizing them beforehand.
Little birdie told me that Arizona State got handled in secret scrimmage this weekend by San Francisco.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) November 3, 2013
The Sun Devils were picked to finish seventh in the Pac-12 media poll, though CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein called ASU "a legitimate sleeper" in the conference race.
ASU, led by standout sophomore guard Jahii Carson, opens its regular season on Nov. 8 against the University of Maryland, Baltimore County at 6 p.m. in Wells Fargo Arena.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Ray Anderson, ASU athletic director - Wednesday October 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the Sun Devils overcoming adversity after their loss to
- Jake Plummer - Former Cardinals and Sun Devil quarterback - Wednesday October 1Former Arizona State and Cardinal quarterback Jake Plummer discusses the latest in college football
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 30ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the wheels could come off for ASU in a hurry.
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.