ESPN college basketball insider Jeff Goodman tweeted Sunday evening that Arizona State was "handled" in its scrimmage against San Francisco this weekend.
NCAA rules prohibit schools from specifically addressing scrimmages and publicizing them beforehand.
Little birdie told me that Arizona State got handled in secret scrimmage this weekend by San Francisco.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) November 3, 2013
The Sun Devils were picked to finish seventh in the Pac-12 media poll, though CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein called ASU "a legitimate sleeper" in the conference race.
ASU, led by standout sophomore guard Jahii Carson, opens its regular season on Nov. 8 against the University of Maryland, Baltimore County at 6 p.m. in Wells Fargo Arena.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 21ESPN college football analyst Mark May says Taylor Kelly will be ready to play for ASU.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday October 21ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses finally beating Stanford.
- Jake Plummer, former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday October 21Jake Plummer discusses the Sun Devils' performance against Stanford.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 21Dan discusses ASU head baseball coach Tracy Smith's tweet.
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf