What a difference a year makes.
Heading into his senior season at ASU, Carrick Felix's chances of playing in the NBA were slim to none.
But after a stellar final season in Tempe -- led the Pac-12 in double-doubles, made the Pac-12 All-Defensive Team and First Team All-Pac-12 Academic Team -- the Goodyear native was able to realize his dream Thursday night at the 2013 NBA Draft.
Felix, who averaged 14.6 points, 8.1 rebounds, 1.4 steals and 1.1 blocks per game during the 2012-13 campaign, was selected with the No. 33 overall pick by the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The 6-foot-6 forward was the first Sun Devil to be drafted since Jeff Pendergraph (Sacramento Kings, 2009).
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf
- Rick Neuheisel - Pac-12 Network Analyst - Friday October 17Rick Neuheisel believes it could be a rough weekend for the Sun Devils against Stanford.
- Todd Graham, ASU Head Football Coach - Friday October 17ASU football head coach Todd Graham says if Taylor Kelly feels he is ready to play he will play.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday October 15ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the upcoming weekend for ASU Athletics.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 14ESPN college football analyst Mark May says anyone can win the Pac-12 South.