Updated Jun 28, 2013 - 6:30 am
ASU forward Carrick Felix selected by Cleveland Cavaliers with No. 33 overall pick
Heading into his senior season at ASU, Carrick Felix's chances of playing in the NBA were slim to none.
But after a stellar final season in Tempe -- led the Pac-12 in double-doubles, made the Pac-12 All-Defensive Team and First Team All-Pac-12 Academic Team -- the Goodyear native was able to realize his dream Thursday night at the 2013 NBA Draft.
Felix, who averaged 14.6 points, 8.1 rebounds, 1.4 steals and 1.1 blocks per game during the 2012-13 campaign, was selected with the No. 33 overall pick by the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The 6-foot-6 forward was the first Sun Devil to be drafted since Jeff Pendergraph (Sacramento Kings, 2009).
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
- Report: ASU's Musselman a 'legitimate candidate' for South Florida job
- ASU AD Anderson: Good season, now must get better
- ASU coach Sendek: There's positive mojo with the Sun Devils
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.