Arizona State's Carrick Felix does not figure to be a first-round pick in next month's NBA Draft, but many experts believe he will be selected at some point.
Coming off a season in which he averaged 14.6 points, 8.1 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.1 blocks per game, the Sun Devil is using the NBA Scouting Combine in Chicago as a chance to show his stuff in front of NBA decision makers.
How he fares on the court will be of the utmost important, but as far as what he can do off it -- or, rather, what he is -- Felix did pretty well.
ASU's Carrick Felix measured 6'4.75" at NBA draft combine. 6'6.25 in shoes. 3.3 body fat was lowest of everyone there.— Doug Haller (@DougHaller) May 17, 2013
Odds are Felix's niche in the NBA, at least early, will be as a high-energy player who can play some defense. And given his measurements as well as his track record, he would appear to have the ability to be exactly that.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 21ESPN college football analyst Mark May says Taylor Kelly will be ready to play for ASU.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday October 21ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses finally beating Stanford.
- Jake Plummer, former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday October 21Jake Plummer discusses the Sun Devils' performance against Stanford.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 21Dan discusses ASU head baseball coach Tracy Smith's tweet.
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf