Arizona State's Carrick Felix does not figure to be a first-round pick in next month's NBA Draft, but many experts believe he will be selected at some point.
Coming off a season in which he averaged 14.6 points, 8.1 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.1 blocks per game, the Sun Devil is using the NBA Scouting Combine in Chicago as a chance to show his stuff in front of NBA decision makers.
How he fares on the court will be of the utmost important, but as far as what he can do off it -- or, rather, what he is -- Felix did pretty well.
ASU's Carrick Felix measured 6'4.75" at NBA draft combine. 6'6.25 in shoes. 3.3 body fat was lowest of everyone there.— Doug Haller (@DougHaller) May 17, 2013
Odds are Felix's niche in the NBA, at least early, will be as a high-energy player who can play some defense. And given his measurements as well as his track record, he would appear to have the ability to be exactly that.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mike Norvell- ASU offensive coordinator - Thursday September 18Mike Norvell expresses his confidence in Mike Bercovici as a quarterback.
- D.J. Foster, ASU running back - Wednesday September 17D.J. Foster talks about why he chose to stay home and be a Sun Devil
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike