Arizona State's Carrick Felix does not figure to be a first-round pick in next month's NBA Draft, but many experts believe he will be selected at some point.
Coming off a season in which he averaged 14.6 points, 8.1 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.1 blocks per game, the Sun Devil is using the NBA Scouting Combine in Chicago as a chance to show his stuff in front of NBA decision makers.
How he fares on the court will be of the utmost important, but as far as what he can do off it -- or, rather, what he is -- Felix did pretty well.
ASU's Carrick Felix measured 6'4.75" at NBA draft combine. 6'6.25 in shoes. 3.3 body fat was lowest of everyone there.— Doug Haller (@DougHaller) May 17, 2013
Odds are Felix's niche in the NBA, at least early, will be as a high-energy player who can play some defense. And given his measurements as well as his track record, he would appear to have the ability to be exactly that.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 30ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the wheels could come off for ASU in a hurry.
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Wednesday September 24AZCentral sports reporter Doug Haller previews Arizona State's matchup with UCLA.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday September 24Dan discusses the newly found connection between the Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona State Sun Dev