Updated Mar 5, 2013 - 2:03 pm
ASU coach Sendek: Not thinking about Jahii Carson's NBA prospects yet
Harden, as we all know, left for the NBA after his sophomore season.
Carson, who has been on ASU's campus two years but played just one, seemingly has an NBA future ahead of him, though if that future will be sooner or later remains to be seen.
Averaging 17.8 points, 5.0 assists and 3.3 rebounds per game, there are plenty of folks who believe the point guard can compete at the next level, possibly as early as next season.
That's not something ASU head coach Herb Sendek, as a guest of Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Tuesday, said he's given much thought.
"To be honest with you, we haven't even come close to the subject," he said. "It's not something that we're thinking about, talking about right now. We're focused on the season, and when the season ends we'll sit down and talk about it."
Sendek pointed to an advisory committee that exists, which is there to help players get a feel for where they would be selected in the draft. Odds are good Carson will make use of it, as most players of his stature would do.
They may tell him he's a high pick who is ready for the NBA. Or, maybe, they'll say he could use more time and seasoning at the collegiate level.
Sendek had no opinion on the matter, or at least one he was willing to share.
"We'll really look at that when we sit down at the end of the year," he said. "I don't want to speak for him or his family.
"I'm going to be here as a resource to help in any way I possibly can."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jordan Bachynski to play for Hornets Summer League team
- Jahii Carson, Jermaine Marshall to play for Rockets Summer League team in Orlando
- ASU's Sendek listed among coaches on the 'hot seat' in 2014-15
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.