Updated Feb 19, 2013 - 5:34 pm
ESPN's Jay Bilas lauds ASU frosh Jahii Carson
This week's report focuses on the top five freshman in the country, and while the list doesn't included huge names like UCLA's Shabazz Muhammad and Baylor's Isaiah Austin, it does include one familiar to ASU fans.
Bilas lists Sun Devil point guard Jahii Carson as the fourth-best freshman in the country.
Said Bilas about Carson:
Five-ten, jet quick, an outstanding point guard who can really score. He's averaging over 18 points per game, five assists per game and shoots about 46 percent from the field. Also, a solid defender who can stay in front at the point guard position and put good pressure on the ball.
Carson joined Michigan State's Gary Harris, UNLV's Anthony Bennett, Oklahoma State's Marcus Smart and Kansas' Ben McLemore on Bilas' countdown.
Carson and the Sun Devils host the Washington State Cougars and Washington Huskies at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe Wednesday and Sunday.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Jake Plummer, Pac-12 Network College Football Analyst - Thursday December 5Jake the Snake shares inspiring insight into ASU football and the Tillman Tunnel
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday December 4The Pac 12 Championship will be a moment to remember at Sun Devil Stadium
- Tom Luginbill, ESPN College Football Analyst - Wednesday December 4A national perspective on the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference - Tuesday December 3Scott previews the Pac-12 championship game.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday December 3May Day previews the Pac-12 Championship game.