Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you a fork report, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from ASU's loss to Arizona on January 19. Arizona 71, Arizona State 54.
Jahii Carson scored a team-high 22 points despite playing much of the game in foul trouble. He and Evan Gordon accounted for 23 of the Sun Devils' 26 first half points. Gordon, the only other player in double figures, finished with 14 points in a game played in front of a soldout Wells Fargo Arena (10,900).
With 10:26 to play, Carson hit a layup pulling the Sun Devils to within two, 46-44. They would go more than four minutes (4:14) before another basket as UA responded with an 11-0 run to pull away. ASU committed 17 turnovers, their most since the start of conference play, in dropping their second straight game.
He Said It:
"I don't think we played to the best of our capabilities," Carson said. "Normally, we come out and we set the tempo. We throw the first punch. I think they did that. I think they wanted it more than us."
The Sun Devils played without senior guard and top bench performer Chris Colvin, who did not dress for the game because of a violation of team rules. "Chris just remains suspended," head coach Herb Sendek said after the game. "We'll get back to everybody on when he'll return."
Coming Up Next:
The Sun Devils (14-4, 3-2) host USC in a game that will tipoff at 8:30 on Thursday, January 24.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 21ESPN college football analyst Mark May says Taylor Kelly will be ready to play for ASU.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday October 21ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses finally beating Stanford.
- Jake Plummer, former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday October 21Jake Plummer discusses the Sun Devils' performance against Stanford.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 21Dan discusses ASU head baseball coach Tracy Smith's tweet.
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf