Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you a fork report, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from ASU's December 22 win over Texas Tech in Lubbock. Final score: Arizona State 77, Texas Tech 62.
Arizona State lived behind the three-point arc in Lubbock, hitting 14-of-27 three-pointers (51.9%). Jonathan Gilling led the way for Arizona State, hitting a career-high six treys as his parents, who traveled all the way from Denmark, took in the action.
The 14 three-pointers were a season-high for the Sun Devils.
Senior guard Chris Colvin had only 8 points in the game, but hit two huge three-pointers in a 1:46 span of the second half that saw the Sun Devils stretch their lead to 11 points.
Jahii Carson scored 18 points, including 16 in the second half for the Sun Devils, who won in their first trip to Lubbock since December 5, 1988.
ASU continued to struggle from the free throw line, hitting just 7-of-13 from the stripe (53.8%). ASU is hitting only 54.5% (60-of-110) from the foul line in their last five games.
• With the win, the Sun Devils pushed their record to 10-2 and matched their win total from the entire 2011-12 season.
• Jordan Bachynski blocked four shots, pushing his season total to 57 -- the fifth-highest single season total in ASU basketball history. In the game, Bachynski leapfrogged over Alton Lister (55 blocks in 1979-80), Mario Bennett (55 blocks in 1991-92), and Jeff Pendergraph (56 blocks in 2007-08). Bachynski needs 12 blocks to tie Tommy Smith for the fourth-highest single-season total for ASU. Smith swatted 69 shots in 2002-03.
• Texas Tech wore red uniforms at home for the first time in program history.
The Sun Devils will wrap up the non-conference portion of the their 2012-13 schedule by hosting the Coppin State Eagles at Wells Fargo Arena Saturday December 29. Tip-off is scheduled for just after 12:00 p.m.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 21ESPN college football analyst Mark May says Taylor Kelly will be ready to play for ASU.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday October 21ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses finally beating Stanford.
- Jake Plummer, former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday October 21Jake Plummer discusses the Sun Devils' performance against Stanford.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 21Dan discusses ASU head baseball coach Tracy Smith's tweet.
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf