Fork Report: Sun Devils suffer first home loss
A season-high 5,401 fans attended the Sun Devils' first home game against a Big East opponent since Kerry Kittles led Villanova into Tempe in December of 1993.
Unfortunately, those fans watched the Sun Devils score a season-low 61 points in suffering their first home loss of the season. ASU, which trailed by as many as 22 points, allowed DePaul to shoot 55.2% in the second half. The Sun Devils' bench was outscored in the game, 37-6.
• ASU scored the game's first seven points only to see DePaul put up 42 points over the final 16:24 of the half.
• Former Sun Devil and ex-Cardinal Todd Heap was in attendance as was former Blue Demon and ex-Sun Steven Hunter.
• Big East teams -- winners of their last 21 games -- are 108-27 against non-conference opponents this season. The .800 winning percentage is the best of any of the 32 conferences.
He Said It
"They brought the energy. They brought the intensity. That's something that we didn't bring [Wednesday]," said senior Carrick Felix, who had 12 points and six rebounds. "We didn't play ASU basketball."
The Sun Devils (8-2) close out this six-game home stand at Wells Fargo Arena Saturday, December 15 against Dartmouth. The game tips off at 1:00 p.m. and will be televised by the Pac-12 Network.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.