Fork Report: Sun Devils suffer first home loss
A season-high 5,401 fans attended the Sun Devils' first home game against a Big East opponent since Kerry Kittles led Villanova into Tempe in December of 1993.
Unfortunately, those fans watched the Sun Devils score a season-low 61 points in suffering their first home loss of the season. ASU, which trailed by as many as 22 points, allowed DePaul to shoot 55.2% in the second half. The Sun Devils' bench was outscored in the game, 37-6.
• ASU scored the game's first seven points only to see DePaul put up 42 points over the final 16:24 of the half.
• Former Sun Devil and ex-Cardinal Todd Heap was in attendance as was former Blue Demon and ex-Sun Steven Hunter.
• Big East teams -- winners of their last 21 games -- are 108-27 against non-conference opponents this season. The .800 winning percentage is the best of any of the 32 conferences.
He Said It
"They brought the energy. They brought the intensity. That's something that we didn't bring [Wednesday]," said senior Carrick Felix, who had 12 points and six rebounds. "We didn't play ASU basketball."
The Sun Devils (8-2) close out this six-game home stand at Wells Fargo Arena Saturday, December 15 against Dartmouth. The game tips off at 1:00 p.m. and will be televised by the Pac-12 Network.
- ASU lands No. 3 seed in Pac-12 tournament despite loss
- Another slow start hampers Sun Devils in OT loss to Beavers: By the Numbers
- ASU's road comeback vs. OSU falls short in OT
- ASU athletic director hopes to make 'significant improvements' to men's basketball team
- Flat start dooms Sun Devils in loss to Ducks: By the Numbers
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.