Updated Dec 11, 2012 - 2:56 pm
ASU freshman Jacobsen off to solid start
A 6-foot-10 forward, Jacobsen is averaging 4.8 points and 2.9 rebounds in 12 minutes of action per game.
The Hamilton High School product grabbed nine rebounds against Sacramento State and scored 16 points against Hartford a few days later, showing glimpses of the potential that has head coach Herb Sendek excited for the player's future even while his present has been pretty good.
"Usually you're just not as far along as somebody who's 21 or 22 years old, especially if you're a frontcourt player," Sendek told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Tuesday. "There's still a pretty good learning curve in terms of the level of detail that now goes into each and every game."
Sendek likened Jacobsen to former ASU star Jeff Pendergraph, who entered college quite a bit smaller than he needed to be to compete at a high level.
"Eric comes in and he already has a solid base," Sendek said. "That's one real fundamental difference, is just being physically ready to play, which he is."
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jordan Bachynski to play for Hornets Summer League team
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!