Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you a fork report, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from ASU's November 28 win against Arkansas-Pine Bluff. Final score: Arizona State 67, Arkansas-Pine Bluff 54.
The Sun Devils used a 17-0 run midway through the second half to pull away and win their fifth game of the season.
Carrick Felix scored a game-high 21 points for his second 20-point performance of the year and the seventh of his career. He shot 8-of-12 from the field, including 2-of-4 from three making him 11-of-23 in six games.
Defensively, Jordan Bachynski controlled the paint blocking six shots. He leads the team with 32 blocks. The Sun Devils held Arkansas-Pine Bluff to 29.7% shooting.
The Sun Devils committed 18 turnovers -- seven by Jahii Carson, matching a season-high set only three days ago against Creighton in the finals of the Las Vegas Invitational. Arkansas-Pine Bluff scored 19 points off of ASU's miscues.
He Said It:
"We weren't sharp in any phase of the game [Wednesday]," head coach Herb Sendek said. "I was very disappointed with the way we played. I expect better from our men."
*Brandon Magee and Will Sutton (wearing a boot on his right foot) were among eight football players honored at halftime for beating UA, returning the Territorial Cup to Tempe. Each player took a turn ringing the Victory Bell.
Up Next: The Sun Devils (5-1 for only the fifth time in 18 seasons) play the second game of what is a six-game stretch at Wells Fargo Arena Saturday, December 1 against Sacramento State. The game tips off at 6:30 p.m. and will be televised by the Pac-12 Network.
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday September 12ASU head coach Todd Graham talks about this Saturday's game with Colorado.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 10ASU athletic director Ray Anderson is disappointed in the NFL office.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 9ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the Big 10's playoff chances are done.
- Jake Plummer - Former Cardinals & ASU quarterback - Tuesday September 9Jake Plummer discusses the Pac-12 and which teams he thinks are at the top.
- Bob Davie, University of New Mexico head football coach - Friday September 5Bob Davie discusses his triple-option offense and building his program at New Mexico.