Updated Aug 31, 2012 - 11:32 am
Former NBA coach in talks with ASU
According to ESPN's Andy Katz, Sendek has had "serious conversations" with Musselman, who currently coaches the Los Angeles Defenders and the Venezuelan National team. He won the NBA D-League coach of the year in April.
Musselman was a head coach with Golden State and Sacramento and an assistant with Minnesota, Orlando and Atlanta and also the head coach of the Venezuelan National Team. The Sun Devils need all the help they can get to climb in the Pac-12 and adding a teacher like Musselman will only help speed up the process.
If reports that Sendek is looking to add a former NBA coach to his staff are true, Musselman fits the description perfectly. Both Scott Pera and Lamont Smith left for other schools this past month.
Known for his fast paced three-guard offense, Musselman would give the Sun Devils help if they want to make a run in the Pac-12.
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jordan Bachynski to play for Hornets Summer League team
- Jahii Carson, Jermaine Marshall to play for Rockets Summer League team in Orlando
- ASU's Sendek listed among coaches on the 'hot seat' in 2014-15
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Willie Bloomquist, Seattle Mariners infielder & former Sun Devil - Wednesday June 18Is managing in former Sun Devil Willie Bloomquist’s future?