Former NBA coach Eric Musselman is reportedly in talks with Arizona State to join Herb Sendek on the bench as an assistant coach for ASU's upcoming season.
According to ESPN's Andy Katz, Sendek has had "serious conversations" with Musselman, who currently coaches the Los Angeles Defenders and the Venezuelan National team. He won the NBA D-League coach of the year in April.
Musselman was a head coach with Golden State and Sacramento and an assistant with Minnesota, Orlando and Atlanta and also the head coach of the Venezuelan National Team. The Sun Devils need all the help they can get to climb in the Pac-12 and adding a teacher like Musselman will only help speed up the process.
If reports that Sendek is looking to add a former NBA coach to his staff are true, Musselman fits the description perfectly. Both Scott Pera and Lamont Smith left for other schools this past month.
Known for his fast paced three-guard offense, Musselman would give the Sun Devils help if they want to make a run in the Pac-12.
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday September 12ASU head coach Todd Graham talks about this Saturday's game with Colorado.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 10ASU athletic director Ray Anderson is disappointed in the NFL office.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 9ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the Big 10's playoff chances are done.
- Jake Plummer - Former Cardinals & ASU quarterback - Tuesday September 9Jake Plummer discusses the Pac-12 and which teams he thinks are at the top.
- Bob Davie, University of New Mexico head football coach - Friday September 5Bob Davie discusses his triple-option offense and building his program at New Mexico.