Former NBA coach Eric Musselman is reportedly in talks with Arizona State to join Herb Sendek on the bench as an assistant coach for ASU's upcoming season.
According to ESPN's Andy Katz, Sendek has had "serious conversations" with Musselman, who currently coaches the Los Angeles Defenders and the Venezuelan National team. He won the NBA D-League coach of the year in April.
Musselman was a head coach with Golden State and Sacramento and an assistant with Minnesota, Orlando and Atlanta and also the head coach of the Venezuelan National Team. The Sun Devils need all the help they can get to climb in the Pac-12 and adding a teacher like Musselman will only help speed up the process.
If reports that Sendek is looking to add a former NBA coach to his staff are true, Musselman fits the description perfectly. Both Scott Pera and Lamont Smith left for other schools this past month.
Known for his fast paced three-guard offense, Musselman would give the Sun Devils help if they want to make a run in the Pac-12.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 30ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the wheels could come off for ASU in a hurry.
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Wednesday September 24AZCentral sports reporter Doug Haller previews Arizona State's matchup with UCLA.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday September 24Dan discusses the newly found connection between the Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona State Sun Dev