Arizona adds Mississippi State to future football schedules
The first game will be played on Sept. 10, 2022 in Tucson, while the second game will be on Sept. 10, 2023 in Starkville.
"We're excited to announce this competitive series for our future football schedules," Arizona AD Greg Byrne said in a press release. "The opportunity to play an SEC opponent will be a great addition to our schedule for our program and our fans."
It will be the first meeting between the programs, who share a connection as Byrne was Mississippi State's athletic director from 2008-10. He was the school's associate AD from 2006-08.
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.