Updated Sep 3, 2013 - 9:53 am
Former UA, ASU standouts among those cut by NFL teams
Unfortunately, local products from Arizona and Arizona State were not immune to business side of the game.
Kerry Taylor (Cardinals), Colin Parker (Cardinals) Gerell Robinson (Broncos), Brandon Magee (Cowboys), Lawrence Guy (Colts), Garth Gerhart (Packers), Deveron Carr (Buccaneers), Rashad Ross (Titans), Ryan Torain (Giants) and Brandon Smith (Packers).
Magee has since been claimed off of waivers by the Cleveland Browns, while Carr and Ross were signed to the practice squads of the teams that initially released them.
Taylor, who was let go by Bruce Arians and Co. Saturday, was also signed to the Cardinals' practice squad Monday.
Spencer Larsen (Buccaneers), Ricky Elmore (Redskins), Colin Baxter (Chargers), Trevin Wade (Browns), Mike Thomas (Cardinals), Dan Buckner (Cardinals), Fendi Onobun (Bears), Matt Scott (Jaguars) and David Douglas (Buccaneers).
Scott and Onobun were signed to their teams' respective practice squads.
D'Aundre Reed (Vikings) and Chris Gronkowski (Chargers) were also waived/put on IR by their respective teams.
Onubun was also later signed to Chicago's practice squad.
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.