Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 11:14 am
Arizona logo on facemasks? Not yet, anyway
In fact, most teams have at least one graphic on their helmet, with most having something on both sides.
And, in case a school decides that's not enough, it appears there is another part of the helmet that could feature a logo: the facemask.
According to the manufacturer of the facemask, this is a display mock-up and not actually in production or something the school is definitely looking to move toward.
Quite a bit of buzz about that Arizona facemask. Was told you won't see them on helmets next season.— Tracy McDannald (@TracyGOAZCATS) June 10, 2013
However, Arizona -- or some other university -- may like the idea and look to implement it.
Besides wondering whether or not this s actually a good look for the team, some may be questioning if the facemask structurally sound. One would have to think it is (or would be), otherwise what would be the point of the company producing them?
So, with all that said, looks like the only thing we can do is wait for the new-look facemasks to come to a team near you.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.