Updated Feb 25, 2014 - 3:48 pm
ASU hires Patrick Suddes as assistant athletics director for recruiting
"I'm excited to come to Arizona State and work under a great teacher and leader like Coach Graham," Suddes said in a statement. "I have been fortunate to work for two future Hall of Fame coaches in Nick Saban and Mack Brown, and it is clear coach Graham is in the same mold as them. My professional background began in the Southeast and the state of Texas, and to be able to combine that knowledge with the abundance of talent that lies in Arizona and throughout the West Coast is a perfect fit for me. ASU, with its great campus, loyal fan base and dedicated staff, offers endless opportunities and Iım looking forward to helping the program grow in all capacities. I am fully on board the Boom Bus and ready to throw up my first Pitchfork."
Suddes spent one year at Texas. Before that, he worked under Nick Saban at his alma mater, the University of Alabama, for seven years, including five as the associate director of football operations.
During his time on the job, the Crimson Tide won three BCS national championships.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.