Updated Feb 25, 2014 - 3:48 pm
ASU hires Patrick Suddes as assistant athletics director for recruiting
"I'm excited to come to Arizona State and work under a great teacher and leader like Coach Graham," Suddes said in a statement. "I have been fortunate to work for two future Hall of Fame coaches in Nick Saban and Mack Brown, and it is clear coach Graham is in the same mold as them. My professional background began in the Southeast and the state of Texas, and to be able to combine that knowledge with the abundance of talent that lies in Arizona and throughout the West Coast is a perfect fit for me. ASU, with its great campus, loyal fan base and dedicated staff, offers endless opportunities and I¹m looking forward to helping the program grow in all capacities. I am fully on board the Boom Bus and ready to throw up my first Pitchfork."
Suddes spent one year at Texas. Before that, he worked under Nick Saban at his alma mater, the University of Alabama, for seven years, including five as the associate director of football operations.
During his time on the job, the Crimson Tide won three BCS national championships.
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.