Updated Jan 13, 2014 - 5:54 pm
Arizona State's Carl Bradford hires agents, to go to NFL
ASU DE/OLB Carl Bradford has signed with Athletes First. A1 NFL agents Dave Dunn & Justin Schulman will rep him for the NFL draft.— Liz Mullen (@SBJLizMullen) January 13, 2014
By signing with an agency, Bradford is deciding to forego his final season of college eligibility to enter the NFL Draft.
As a junior, Bradford finished the 2013 season with 61 tackles -- 19 for loss -- and 8.5 sacks. He was a second-team All-Pac-12 selection.
In three seasons with the Sun Devils, Bradford registered 21.5 sacks.
ASU LB Carl Bradford will officially enter the NFL Draft. We wish him and all the other Sun Devils preparing for the draft the best of luck!— Sun Devil Football (@FootballASU) January 13, 2014
"It was an honor and a privilege to coach Carl Bradford at Arizona State University. Carl leaves ASU with his degree and that is what we are most proud of," Sun Devil head coach Todd Graham said in a statement. "Additionally, with players like Carl, Will Sutton, Chris Young, Osahon Irabor and Alden Darby we built the No. 1 defense in Pac-12 Conference play and one of the top rated units nationally. We want to be known for tough, stout defense at ASU and Carl helped us achieve that in 2012 and 2013. We appreciate Carl for being a great Sun Devil and wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors."
Bradford's departure will leave Arizona State's defense with just two returning starters from the 2013 team, which ranked fourth in the Pac-12 in total defense and seventh in scoring defense.
The 6-foot-1, 242-pound linebacker graduated in December with a degree in criminal justice.
- What to watch for: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Weber State Wildcats
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commisioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.