The Pulse: Fans say ASU's win over UCLA most impressive of the season
On Sunday, Dec. 1, the question was, "Which of ASU's 10 regular season wins was the most impressive?"
Despite offering five choices, Arizona State's 38-33 road victory over No. 14 UCLA garnered 50 percent of the 749 votes.
Now, we can't dig into all of our readers' minds, but we would guess that option prevailed because that win helped the Sun Devils leap-frog the Bruins in national polls and it clinched the Pac-12 South for Todd Graham's squad. Winning a road game always ups the ante, as well.
There was nearly a two-way tie for the second-most popular choice. The 62-41 win over USC on Sept. 28 got 18 percent of the vote, and 17 percent of voters chose ASU's most recent victory: The 58-21 rout of the rival Arizona Wildcats.
In a not-so-distant fourth place was the Sun Devils' 53-24 win over No. 20 Washington on Oct. 19. The least popular option, by a wide margin, was ASU's 32-30 controversial home victory over No. 20 Wisconsin on Sept. 14: That choice only got 3 percent of all votes.
The Sun Devils still have two games left to see if they can put together a more impressive win than the 10 they've accumulated already. They host No. 7 Stanford on Saturday, Dec. 7, for the Pac-12 Championship. If ASU wins, it will earn a trip to the Rose Bowl, but the team will play in a bowl game regardless of the outcome against Stanford.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.