The Pulse: Fans say ASU's win over UCLA most impressive of the season
On Sunday, Dec. 1, the question was, "Which of ASU's 10 regular season wins was the most impressive?"
Despite offering five choices, Arizona State's 38-33 road victory over No. 14 UCLA garnered 50 percent of the 749 votes.
Now, we can't dig into all of our readers' minds, but we would guess that option prevailed because that win helped the Sun Devils leap-frog the Bruins in national polls and it clinched the Pac-12 South for Todd Graham's squad. Winning a road game always ups the ante, as well.
There was nearly a two-way tie for the second-most popular choice. The 62-41 win over USC on Sept. 28 got 18 percent of the vote, and 17 percent of voters chose ASU's most recent victory: The 58-21 rout of the rival Arizona Wildcats.
In a not-so-distant fourth place was the Sun Devils' 53-24 win over No. 20 Washington on Oct. 19. The least popular option, by a wide margin, was ASU's 32-30 controversial home victory over No. 20 Wisconsin on Sept. 14: That choice only got 3 percent of all votes.
The Sun Devils still have two games left to see if they can put together a more impressive win than the 10 they've accumulated already. They host No. 7 Stanford on Saturday, Dec. 7, for the Pac-12 Championship. If ASU wins, it will earn a trip to the Rose Bowl, but the team will play in a bowl game regardless of the outcome against Stanford.
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.