The Pulse: Fans say ASU's win over UCLA most impressive of the season
On Sunday, Dec. 1, the question was, "Which of ASU's 10 regular season wins was the most impressive?"
Despite offering five choices, Arizona State's 38-33 road victory over No. 14 UCLA garnered 50 percent of the 749 votes.
Now, we can't dig into all of our readers' minds, but we would guess that option prevailed because that win helped the Sun Devils leap-frog the Bruins in national polls and it clinched the Pac-12 South for Todd Graham's squad. Winning a road game always ups the ante, as well.
There was nearly a two-way tie for the second-most popular choice. The 62-41 win over USC on Sept. 28 got 18 percent of the vote, and 17 percent of voters chose ASU's most recent victory: The 58-21 rout of the rival Arizona Wildcats.
In a not-so-distant fourth place was the Sun Devils' 53-24 win over No. 20 Washington on Oct. 19. The least popular option, by a wide margin, was ASU's 32-30 controversial home victory over No. 20 Wisconsin on Sept. 14: That choice only got 3 percent of all votes.
The Sun Devils still have two games left to see if they can put together a more impressive win than the 10 they've accumulated already. They host No. 7 Stanford on Saturday, Dec. 7, for the Pac-12 Championship. If ASU wins, it will earn a trip to the Rose Bowl, but the team will play in a bowl game regardless of the outcome against Stanford.
- More than all-access
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.