ASU's Todd Graham proud of 'special' senior class
From defensive star Will Sutton to offensive weapon Marion Grice, the Sun Devils have a deep senior class, something Todd Graham made sure to mention.
"It's going to be a special senior day," Graham said. "How they've grown, as young men, I'm really proud of."
Two players Graham noted in particular were defensive back Robert Nelson and defensive end Davon Coleman.
"Both of those guys have made tremendous strides," Graham said, before expanding that to the rest of the graduating players. "I couldn't find a person I didn't think hadn't gotten better, especially the seniors in this bunch."
During his time in Tempe so far, Graham has emphasized character and discipline as pillars of his program. He said the seniors have all embraced those principles and is proud of how they've grown.
"Not just what they've done on the field, but how they've grown as a complete person. That's in the classroom, on the field, in the community.
"It's a special group so it will be a special day for us."
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.