ESPN Analyst: Arizona State feels 'like the best team in the southern division'
On Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Friday, ESPN college football analyst Ed Cunningham couldn't contain his excitement for the matchup.
"This is such a great game," Cunningham said.
The Sun Devils can clinch the Pac-12 South with a win, and head coach Todd Graham said it's the biggest game he's ever coached in. Even with that pressure, and the challenge of playing in Pasadena, Calif., Cunningham is leaning towards an Arizona State victory.
"I like Arizona State in this game," Cunningham said. "I think UCLA -- they (have trouble) running the ball well, Hundley will throw it away. He's a really good prospect, I just think he's got a long way to go with mechanics."
If Arizona State can slow down UCLA's freshman sensation at running back, Myles Jack, and avoid the slow starts that have hurt them in big road games before, there's no reason the Sun Devils can't return to Tempe without a division title in hand. Cunningham believes that would be the right team to likely face Oregon in the conference championship game.
"Arizona State just has that feel," Cunningham explained. "They feel like the best team in the southern division of the Pac-12."
Cunningham is familiar with Arizona football, as he played for the Arizona Cardinals for four years and served as analyst for Arizona Rattlers games from 1995-99.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 11ASU basketball coach Herb Sendek discusses the Pac-12 tournament.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was