Updated Oct 23, 2013 - 7:50 am
Arizona State AD Patterson: Sun Devils should be ranked right now
Yet, even though they just dismantled then-20th ranked Washington by a score of 53-24, they also find themselves outside of the top 25 in the polls.
Asked about his team's exclusion, ASU athletic director Steve Patterson told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley with Marotta he feels the Devils have played well enough to be included.
"It's tough to get up there," he said. "It's tough if you've got two losses right now, but you beat the number 20 team in the country.
"Notre Dame was ranked at the beginning of the year, USC was ranked at the beginning of the year."
Patterson noted that ASU is 26th in the AP Top 25 Poll, so it is not as if the team is struggling for recognition.
Rankings or not, Patterson said the goal is for the Sun Devils to win the Pac-12 South and then a couple postseason games. Do that, and they'll definitely be ranked appropriately.
"I'd like to see us be back up there in the rankings," he said. "I think we ought to be."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.