Arizona State's Marion Grice, D.J. Foster on Doak Walker Award Watch List
The duo combined for 2,130 yards from scrimmage and 25 touchdowns in 2012 for a Sun Devil team that went 8-5 and defeated Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
Grice, a senior from Houston, led ASU with 679 yards rushing and 19 total touchdowns last season. Grice had three 100-yard rushing games, including two to finish the year. In ASU's 41-34 win over arch-rival Arizona in Tucson, Grice had 156 yards rushing on 18 carries and scored three times and then added a career-high 159 yards on the ground and two scores in the Devils' triumph over Navy.
He was also second on the team with 41 receptions for 425 yards.
Foster, a sophomore from Scottsdale, ran for 493 yards and two touchdowns during his freshman campaign, and like Grice, proved to be a capable receiver out of the backfield. Foster had 38 catches for 533 yards and four touchdowns in 2012.
ASU is one of only nine schools in the nation to land two players on the watch list, joining Arkansas, Baylor, BYU, Georgia, Kent State, Louisville, TCU and Wisconsin.
The recipient of the 2013 Doak Walker Award will be announced on The Home Depot College Football Awards on Thursday, December 12.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.