Arizona State's Marion Grice, D.J. Foster on Doak Walker Award Watch List
The duo combined for 2,130 yards from scrimmage and 25 touchdowns in 2012 for a Sun Devil team that went 8-5 and defeated Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
Grice, a senior from Houston, led ASU with 679 yards rushing and 19 total touchdowns last season. Grice had three 100-yard rushing games, including two to finish the year. In ASU's 41-34 win over arch-rival Arizona in Tucson, Grice had 156 yards rushing on 18 carries and scored three times and then added a career-high 159 yards on the ground and two scores in the Devils' triumph over Navy.
He was also second on the team with 41 receptions for 425 yards.
Foster, a sophomore from Scottsdale, ran for 493 yards and two touchdowns during his freshman campaign, and like Grice, proved to be a capable receiver out of the backfield. Foster had 38 catches for 533 yards and four touchdowns in 2012.
ASU is one of only nine schools in the nation to land two players on the watch list, joining Arkansas, Baylor, BYU, Georgia, Kent State, Louisville, TCU and Wisconsin.
The recipient of the 2013 Doak Walker Award will be announced on The Home Depot College Football Awards on Thursday, December 12.
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'We've got to take it' from Stanford
- Less than 5,000 tickets remain for Pac-12 Championship Game
- ASU students anxiously anticipate Pac-12 Championship
- ASU Associate AD Rocky Harris: ‘Haven't seen this kind of excitement since 1996'
- ASU defense ready for the challenge presented by Stanford's power running game
- ASU head football coach Todd Graham - Friday December 6Todd Graham talks to Doug and Wolf about the Pac-12 Championship Game.
- Jake Plummer, Pac-12 Network College Football Analyst - Thursday December 5Jake the Snake shares inspiring insight into ASU football and the Tillman Tunnel
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday December 4The Pac 12 Championship will be a moment to remember at Sun Devil Stadium
- Tom Luginbill, ESPN College Football Analyst - Wednesday December 4A national perspective on the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference - Tuesday December 3Scott previews the Pac-12 championship game.