Arizona State's Marion Grice, D.J. Foster on Doak Walker Award Watch List
The duo combined for 2,130 yards from scrimmage and 25 touchdowns in 2012 for a Sun Devil team that went 8-5 and defeated Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
Grice, a senior from Houston, led ASU with 679 yards rushing and 19 total touchdowns last season. Grice had three 100-yard rushing games, including two to finish the year. In ASU's 41-34 win over arch-rival Arizona in Tucson, Grice had 156 yards rushing on 18 carries and scored three times and then added a career-high 159 yards on the ground and two scores in the Devils' triumph over Navy.
He was also second on the team with 41 receptions for 425 yards.
Foster, a sophomore from Scottsdale, ran for 493 yards and two touchdowns during his freshman campaign, and like Grice, proved to be a capable receiver out of the backfield. Foster had 38 catches for 533 yards and four touchdowns in 2012.
ASU is one of only nine schools in the nation to land two players on the watch list, joining Arkansas, Baylor, BYU, Georgia, Kent State, Louisville, TCU and Wisconsin.
The recipient of the 2013 Doak Walker Award will be announced on The Home Depot College Football Awards on Thursday, December 12.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.