Updated Mar 1, 2013 - 4:02 pm
Arizona State unveils new 'Sparky'
In a press conference Friday, the school unveiled a new 'Sparky'.
According to the school, the newly designed mascot will be used in a variety of applications and is meant to appeal to a younger audience. A press release states you can expect to see the new Sparky in comic books, children's books and animated productions.
The new-look Sparky will make his first athletic appearence at ASU's spring football game in April.
The "old" Sparky is not being replaced, however, as the university will continue to use it on merchandise and in other areas.
The design was a collaborative effort between the school and Disney.
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.