Updated Feb 7, 2013 - 1:57 pm
Three ASU seniors invited to NFL combine
Linebacker Brandon Magee, safety Keelan Johnson and punter Josh Hubner will be in attendance at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Ind. from Feb. 20 through Feb. 26, 2013.
About 335 prospects are invited each year to showcase their physical talents and attributes in front of NFL coaches, general managers and scouts.
Magee, a linebacker, posted 113 tackles and 6.5 sacks in his final year as a Sun Devil and is one of 35 players invited to the combine at his position. Magee was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in last year's MLB first-year-player draft.
Johnson, a safety, recorded 66 solo tackles and led ASU with 5 interceptions in his senior campaign. He will be one of 60 defensive backs heading to Indianapolis.
Hubner, who is one of the best punters in the nation, averaged 47.1 yards in 52 punt attempts this season; he will be joining 12 other punters at Lucas Oil Stadium.
At the combine prospects will undergo a series of rigorous physical and mental tests including the 40-yard dash, bench press (225 lb. repetitions), vertical jump, 20 and 60-yard shuttle, position specific drills and the Wonderlic test. They will also be subject to interviews, physical measurements, injury evaluations and drug screenings.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.