Three ASU seniors invited to NFL combine
Linebacker Brandon Magee, safety Keelan Johnson and punter Josh Hubner will be in attendance at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Ind. from Feb. 20 through Feb. 26, 2013.
About 335 prospects are invited each year to showcase their physical talents and attributes in front of NFL coaches, general managers and scouts.
Magee, a linebacker, posted 113 tackles and 6.5 sacks in his final year as a Sun Devil and is one of 35 players invited to the combine at his position. Magee was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in last year's MLB first-year-player draft.
Johnson, a safety, recorded 66 solo tackles and led ASU with 5 interceptions in his senior campaign. He will be one of 60 defensive backs heading to Indianapolis.
Hubner, who is one of the best punters in the nation, averaged 47.1 yards in 52 punt attempts this season; he will be joining 12 other punters at Lucas Oil Stadium.
At the combine prospects will undergo a series of rigorous physical and mental tests including the 40-yard dash, bench press (225 lb. repetitions), vertical jump, 20 and 60-yard shuttle, position specific drills and the Wonderlic test. They will also be subject to interviews, physical measurements, injury evaluations and drug screenings.
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.