Updated Feb 2, 2013 - 7:01 pm
Former ASU TE Tyrice Thompson dies from stab wounds
Thompson, 27, was working as a bouncer at Martini Ranch in Scottsdale and was stabbed five times in the back, hip and arm after an altercation that started inside the establishment was moved outside. Thompson was transported to Scottsdale Health Care-Osborn.
Scottsdale Police arrested 26-year-old Ian MacDonald of Tempe after review of video surveillance gave them probable cause that he stabbed Thompson.
The South Mountain High School graduate started his Sun Devil career as a walk-on in 2004 and played in 46 games during his ASU career. As a senior in 2007, he caught 15 passes for 272 yards and a touchdown. The touchdown came in his last home game at Sun Devil Stadium against Arizona in a game ASU won, 20-17.
In August of 2008, Thompson signed as an undrafted free agent with the Indianapolis Colts but was later waived.
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.