Updated Dec 19, 2012 - 12:38 pm
Report: Westerman transfer to ASU is official
According to ASUDevils.com, the transfer became official Wednesday.
Christian Westerman transfer from Auburn to Arizona State is official per ASU program source. Former No. 3 tackle recruit nationally.— ASUDevils.com (@ASUDevilscom) December 19, 2012
Westerman was rated the third-best offensive tackle prospect in the nation in 2011 by Rivals.com, and chose Auburn over offers from Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, Texas and both Arizona and Arizona State.
The 6-foot-4, 298-pound Westerman played in three games this past season for Auburn, starting one. He was bothered by an ankle injury for a good portion of the 2012 season.
- What to watch for: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Weber State Wildcats
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commisioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.