Updated Nov 17, 2012 - 5:15 pm
Fork Report: Sun Devils become bowl eligible with rout of Washington State
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we will give you a fork report, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from ASU's game against Washington State on November 17. Final score: Arizona State 46, Washington State 7.
The Sun Devils on their fifth try become bowl eligible, picking up win No. 6. Taylor Kelly threw for more touchdowns (4) than incompletions (3) to help ASU end a four-game losing streak. He finished 20-of-23 for 246 yards.
On Senior Day, Rashad Ross became the first wide receiver to lead the team in receiving since Week 5 at Cal. Ross, playing his final game at Sun Devil Stadium, caught eight balls for 79 yards and two scores. Defensively, ASU allowed a single rushing yard on 19 attempts, it's best effort since 2009.
The Sun Devils lose the shutout in the final minute. Kristoff Williams' 54-yard touchdown reception was the first Washington State score at Sun Devil Stadium since 2006. Prior to that play, ASU had outscored Washington State 119-0 over the last three games in Tempe.
He Said It:
"To go out like that is big time," senior linebacker Brandon Magee said. "I'm just so proud to be a Sun Devil."
• Seventeen seniors played their final game at Sun Devil Stadium, including seven from the Valley: Corey Adams, Charles Beatty, Deveron Carr, Josh Hubner, Keelan Johnson, Jamal Miles and James Morrison.
Coming Up Next:
The Sun Devils (6-5, 4-4) close out the regular season at UA next Friday, November 23. The game is scheduled to kickoff at 8 p.m. and will be televised on ESPN.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.