Updated Apr 25, 2012 - 6:28 pm
Report: Vontaze Burfict failed drug test
From NFL insider Jay Glazer:
NFL teams were informed this week of 2 more players of note who have flunked drug tests: ASU LB Vontaze Burfict and Va Tech CB JayRon Hosley— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) April 25, 2012
Burfict has already been dogged by a history of personal foul penalties, diminishing productivity and a dreadful performance at the NFL Scouting Combine in February. This latest red flag may be the last straw for NFL teams who were still considering using a pick on the linebacker.
According to another report from NFL reporter Aaron Wilson of Scout.com, Burfict admitted past marijuana use to NFL teams during the interview process at the Combine.
"I talked to some teams, and I told them I had smoked marijuana before," Burfict told Scout. "It's not like I'm the only person that has ever done that."
When asked if he still smokes marijuana, Burfict replied: "No, of course not. I don't smoke anymore."
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.