Updated Apr 25, 2012 - 6:28 pm
Report: Vontaze Burfict failed drug test
From NFL insider Jay Glazer:
NFL teams were informed this week of 2 more players of note who have flunked drug tests: ASU LB Vontaze Burfict and Va Tech CB JayRon Hosley— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) April 25, 2012
Burfict has already been dogged by a history of personal foul penalties, diminishing productivity and a dreadful performance at the NFL Scouting Combine in February. This latest red flag may be the last straw for NFL teams who were still considering using a pick on the linebacker.
According to another report from NFL reporter Aaron Wilson of Scout.com, Burfict admitted past marijuana use to NFL teams during the interview process at the Combine.
"I talked to some teams, and I told them I had smoked marijuana before," Burfict told Scout. "It's not like I'm the only person that has ever done that."
When asked if he still smokes marijuana, Burfict replied: "No, of course not. I don't smoke anymore."
- Special teams key for ASU against Stanford in Pac-12 Championship Game
- About 10K tickets remain for Pac-12 Championship
- SI's Mandel: ASU would have a 'strong case' to be part of College Football Playoff
- ESPN's Tom Luginbill: ASU's adjustments vs. Stanford run game will be key
- ESPN's Mark May: Stanford QB Hogan key to Pac-12 Championship Game
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday December 4The Pac 12 Championship will be a moment to remember at Sun Devil Stadium
- Tom Luginbill, ESPN College Football Analyst - Wednesday December 4A national perspective on the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference - Tuesday December 3Scott previews the Pac-12 championship game.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday December 3May Day previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Tuesday December 3Mandel discusses USC's coaching hire and the Pac-12 Championship game.