Updated Apr 25, 2012 - 6:28 pm
Report: Vontaze Burfict failed drug test
From NFL insider Jay Glazer:
NFL teams were informed this week of 2 more players of note who have flunked drug tests: ASU LB Vontaze Burfict and Va Tech CB JayRon Hosley— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) April 25, 2012
Burfict has already been dogged by a history of personal foul penalties, diminishing productivity and a dreadful performance at the NFL Scouting Combine in February. This latest red flag may be the last straw for NFL teams who were still considering using a pick on the linebacker.
According to another report from NFL reporter Aaron Wilson of Scout.com, Burfict admitted past marijuana use to NFL teams during the interview process at the Combine.
"I talked to some teams, and I told them I had smoked marijuana before," Burfict told Scout. "It's not like I'm the only person that has ever done that."
When asked if he still smokes marijuana, Burfict replied: "No, of course not. I don't smoke anymore."
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.