Updated Sep 18, 2013 - 11:38 pm
Coyotes raise more than $165,000 for families of late Granite Mountain Hotshots
There were three check presentations:
-$5,000 from the Coyotes alumni group
-$25,000 from the Coyotes players
-$135,198 from the Coyotes ownership group
In all, $165,198 was raised.
Head coach Dave Tippett called it an "unbelieveable, successful night."
The final score was Red 2, White 1
Mikkel Boedker and Andy Miele scored for the Red team, both past goalie Mike Smith while Rob Klinkhammer scored for the White team.
The night ended with a shootout. Unfortunately nobody scored until Brendan Shinnimin on the 16th opportunity.
Shane Doan didn't play the last half of the game. He left with some sort of muscle pull, according to Tippett, who added that the injury was nothing serious.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.