Report: Deal reached for sale of Phoenix Coyotes
Could it be? Has the saga finally come to a close?
A deal has been reportedly agreed upon for the sale of the Phoenix Coyotes to an ownership group.
Fox Sports Arizona's Craig Morgan confirmed reports Friday on his Twitter page that NHL officials Gary Bettman and Bill Daly, along with George Gosbee and Anthony LeBlanc of the Renaissance Sports & Entertainment group, will meet with Glendale officials next week.
Sources also telling me that the NHL and Gosbee/LeBlanc (Renaissance Sports & Entertainment) have agreed to a deal for #Coyotes purchase.— Craig Morgan (@cmorganfoxaz) May 25, 2013
Morgan went on to tweet that Glendale Councilman Gary Sheerwood has been holding informal meetings with people related to the management of Jobing.com Arena.
While the sale may be approved by the NHL, any prospective buyer would still have to strike a deal with Glendale for the management of the city-owned arena.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.