Report: Deal reached for sale of Phoenix Coyotes
Could it be? Has the saga finally come to a close?
A deal has been reportedly agreed upon for the sale of the Phoenix Coyotes to an ownership group.
Fox Sports Arizona's Craig Morgan confirmed reports Friday on his Twitter page that NHL officials Gary Bettman and Bill Daly, along with George Gosbee and Anthony LeBlanc of the Renaissance Sports & Entertainment group, will meet with Glendale officials next week.
Sources also telling me that the NHL and Gosbee/LeBlanc (Renaissance Sports & Entertainment) have agreed to a deal for #Coyotes purchase.— Craig Morgan (@cmorganfoxaz) May 25, 2013
Morgan went on to tweet that Glendale Councilman Gary Sheerwood has been holding informal meetings with people related to the management of Jobing.com Arena.
While the sale may be approved by the NHL, any prospective buyer would still have to strike a deal with Glendale for the management of the city-owned arena.
- Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
- Coyotes coach Tippett: Backup G Thomas Greiss has 'earned the confidence of his teammates'
- 'Yotes Notes: Vermette celebrates big night with two-goal performance in win over Colorado
- Ice Bites: Where would the Coyotes host an outdoor NHL game?
- Report: Phoenix Coyotes ready to host outdoor game
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?