Updated Mar 29, 2013 - 3:13 pm
Coyotes acquire junior forward Tobias Rieder from Oilers
#Coyotes have acquired forward Tobias Rieder from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for forward Kale Kessy.— Rich Nairn (@RichNairn9) March 29, 2013
Rieder, a fourth-round pick by the Oilers back in 2011, has quite a scoring pedigree despite being just 20 years of age. In 2011-12, Rieder played for the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League and scored 85 points (42 goals and 43 assists) in 60 games.
In 52 games this season, Rieder has 27 goals and 56 points for the Rangers.
Kessy has played 31 games this season for the Kamloops Blazers of the Western Hockey League. He has 12 goals and 44 penalty minutes.
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?