Updated Mar 29, 2013 - 3:13 pm
Coyotes acquire junior forward Tobias Rieder from Oilers
#Coyotes have acquired forward Tobias Rieder from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for forward Kale Kessy.— Rich Nairn (@RichNairn9) March 29, 2013
Rieder, a fourth-round pick by the Oilers back in 2011, has quite a scoring pedigree despite being just 20 years of age. In 2011-12, Rieder played for the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League and scored 85 points (42 goals and 43 assists) in 60 games.
In 52 games this season, Rieder has 27 goals and 56 points for the Rangers.
Kessy has played 31 games this season for the Kamloops Blazers of the Western Hockey League. He has 12 goals and 44 penalty minutes.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Thursday November 21Barry Melrose says Mike Smith is the most exciting goalie in the NHL.
- Shane Doan, Coyotes Captain - Wednesday November 20Shane Doan talks about his hot offensive start.