Updated Mar 20, 2013 - 8:29 am
Shane Doan's effort in L.A. should ensure end of losing streak
Todd Walsh said on the TV broadcast Tuesday night that Doan stood up to his mistakes during the horrible road goal-less streak (truth is the whole team has been an abomination during this road trip and it's far from Doan's fault). It was Doan that was a hitting machine. It was Doan that was illegally kneed without penalty during the worst officiated game in the last 25 years. It was Doan that scored the goal to end the streak. On his second goal, it was Doan that kept it in the offensive zone during a massive scrum at the blue line, let alone being the one to put it home.
The Coyotes won every aspect of the game versus the Kings except the one that matters. This game extended the losing streak and ended it at the same time. After Doan's effort, this team won't let him down. The goal-less streak is over and so will the losing be.
Whatever you are doing Thursday or Monday, try to get to a Coyotes game. They are currently tied for the eighth seed in the Western Conference, but that could change Wednesday night. Their next two home games are against the sixth and seventh seeds. With a team that averages less than a road win per month, these home games are huge before another road trip.
If I'm wrong and they lose these two games, it's not over, but there's will be a very large woman with a microphone in her hand.
Doug Franz, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!