Updated Mar 19, 2013 - 10:20 pm
Shane Doan ends Phoenix Coyotes' scoreless streak Tuesday night
Captain Shane Doan's 10th goal of the year at the 11:28 mark of the third period Tuesday night kept the Coyotes from joining the Seals as the only two teams in NHL history to go four straight games without a goal since 1929-30.
Before Doan's goal, Phoenix had gone scoreless for a franchise-record 245 minutes and 33 seconds -- dating back to Rob Klinkhammer's tally at the 9:05 mark of third period against the Los Angeles Kings on March 12.
Doan later added his second goal of the night, but the Coyotes dropped their fifth straight on the road with a 3-2 loss to the Kings.
During their scoreless streak, the Coyotes were shut out by three different goaltenders (Jake Allen, Sergei Bobrovsky and Jonathan Quick).
- Three multi-point performances pace Coyotes to win over Islanders
- 'Yotes Notes: Phoenix ends three-game home losing streak with win over Islanders
- Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
- Coyotes coach Tippett: Backup G Thomas Greiss has 'earned the confidence of his teammates'
- 'Yotes Notes: Vermette celebrates big night with two-goal performance in win over Colorado
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?