Shane Doan ends Phoenix Coyotes' scoreless streak Tuesday night
Captain Shane Doan's 10th goal of the year at the 11:28 mark of the third period Tuesday night kept the Coyotes from joining the Seals as the only two teams in NHL history to go four straight games without a goal since 1929-30.
Before Doan's goal, Phoenix had gone scoreless for a franchise-record 245 minutes and 33 seconds -- dating back to Rob Klinkhammer's tally at the 9:05 mark of third period against the Los Angeles Kings on March 12.
Doan later added his second goal of the night, but the Coyotes dropped their fifth straight on the road with a 3-2 loss to the Kings.
During their scoreless streak, the Coyotes were shut out by three different goaltenders (Jake Allen, Sergei Bobrovsky and Jonathan Quick).
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i